Saturday, April 28, 2012

Zuma Sushi & Sake Bar (Highlands)

Last night I had the pleasure of dinning at Zuma Sushi and it was amazing! I have a co-worker that has been raving about this place for the longest and I finally decided to try it for myself. I must warn you the parking is crazy in the Highlands but it is worth the trip down there. They also have another locatio, which maybe lest troublesome near Druid Hills.
On any account, the atmosphere is wonderful due to it being very open and appealing to the eyes. In addition, you have the option of sitting inside or outside, which is always a plus. There was also light music playing in the background and the chatter amongst the dinners were not over bearing and noisy as in most restaurants.

The sushi is by far the best I have had in Atlanta. There are a few places in Atlanta that have  pretty good sushi as well but Zuma has the best selection and most creative sushi rolls that I have seen. When I lived in Arizona, I was introduced to sushi via the California roll and Vegas roll. The Vegas roll was my favorite because it was lightly fried on the outside and it had everything I loved to eat on the inside. Since leaving Arizona, I have not been able to find a good fried roll because most places just add that crunch stuff on there and claim it to be "lightly fried".

Well last night I found my fried sushi roll spot!! Zuma has a great selection of fried rolls that range from a lobster roll to the basic California roll. Being that this is my staple starter roll I had to try one and...... OMG!!! My friend that went to dinner with be laughed because I said " I saw my life flash before my eyes" because it was sooooooooo good and I was soooooooo serious. I do not know how they fried it but it was fried perfectly on the outside and everything in the middle was fresh as can be. I nearly hurt myself trying to finish it all.



In addition to my signature roll, I had the Super Crunch roll that is always delicious with smoked salmon, steamed shrimp and avocado on top. On the inside was shrimp tempura and a few other vegetables. Also on the menu was a Calamari roll, which was delicious as well.

By the end of the night I was pleasantly satisfied with my dinning experience and could not wait to write about my new discovery. If you are ever in ATL and are in need of sushi stop by Zuma and I am sure you will enjoy it!

Happy Dinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment