Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint

Greetings!

I pray that everyone is doing well and that you are enjoying St. Patrick's Day!!

Last week I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with my dear sorority (line) sisters, and we had a blast! So much so that I was tired after it was all said and done and I was reminded that I cannot hang like I use too :). However, one of our experiences entailed an after dinner snack and dessert ( yes we ate good!) at Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint, in downtown Atlanta.


                                                      ( Picture by www.myurbanaccess.com)

If you live in Atlanta, you will know that this is a hard place to get in to. Speaking from experience,  I have tried on several occasions to get a reservation and they are always booked!! Luckily, we went early last Sunday and was able to get a table without a problem. After speaking to the hostess, she said there is a 3 week wait....damn!!

Dessert
(Sorry no picture folks, I ate first and thought about the blog later, lol!)

While waiting for the band to set-up we snacked on samplers, drinks (which were pretty good) and..........bread pudding....OMG!! In my opinion, and those that were at the table, this was some of the best restaurant bread pudding we had ever tasted. It was the prefect blend of sweet, pecans and the brown sugar topping that they put on there. My only suggestion would be to have raisins and more nuts in it, but I understand that it is a restaurant dessert, so it might not be safe to have all that in there. None the less, it was worth the $7 that I paid for it.

Food

Now the food......is another story. I was not impressed with the sampler of okra (that was used as a garnish....WTH!!!??), fried green tomatoes and fried onions. Furthermore, the shrimp and grits were not anything to write home about either. I think nothing ruins a dish like that more than undercooked grits that you have to work on....no bueno!

Atmosphere

If not for anything else, it is a great place to visit for the atmosphere and grown and sexy feel, the music is great  and so are the drinks and dessert! Oh, and there is a $5 per person entertainment charge as well, but it is better than paying the $20 to get in a crowded smokey club! Hopefully, you will be paying them a visit in the future but when you do, keepp the above items in mind and you can thank me later!

Have fun and happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment