Monday, April 22, 2013

Gumbeaux's Cajun Cafe (Douglasville, GA)


Just about every Friday for lunch I usually partake in "buy Fridays" where the entire group at work goes out for lunch together. We started this Friday tradition in an effort to increase "team togetherness" so to speak and as a treat to ourselves for bringing lunch all week.

A few Fridays ago,  one of my co-workers recommended that we go to Gumbeaux's, in Douglasville. Just the mention of "Gumbeaux's" brought excitement to his mouth and face , and of course, immediately I was intrigued. So, we invited a few other folks to attend this experience and to my surprise the ones that had been before provided the same response. Needless to say, I was ready to eat!!

(Google)

After agreeing to go,  I Googled the restaurant to look at the menu and to read the reviews. The menu had a little bit of everything and I instantly became overwhelemed with options. Thankfully, the  20 minute drive gave me plenty of time to think but I was still confused! Therefore,  I had to make a split second decision as to the final order.....get samples, lol!!

My final, final order of samples consisted of the most amazing crab cakes and just thinking about them makes my mouth water ( Homer Simpson voice....mmmmm)! No lie, these were the crabbiest ( is that a word) crab cakes that I have every tasted!! The breaded batter was amazing because it gave the tastiest crunch that I have ever heard and tasted. Then to top it off, literally, they placed shaved crab on them (See picture)!!!! OMG! These little babies were so filling that I could only eat one. The other was saved for a Saturday morning breakfast of crab cakes and grits!



Going with my indecisiveness, I had a cup of seafood gumbo as well and boy was it good!! Now, I am not a spicy girl because I prefer to taste my food, but the blend of seafood, rice and Cajun spices gave the gumbo enough of a kick for me to get a true Cajun experience and still enjoy my food.



To top of the experience I also had the opportunity to try the fried alligator and fries and this dish did not disappoint as well.



All together, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Gumbeaux's and I definitely will be returning. The only disappointing part about all of this was that I live 15 minutes from Douglasville, and neverrrrrrrr ventured to give this local gem a try, better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment