Friday, September 30, 2011

Mind & Body Day Spa (Alpharetta, GA)

( Picture from northfultonshops.com)

Greetings Baby D lovers!! A few months ago I had the pleasure of buying a spa package from Groupon for Mind & Body Day Spa (MBDS), which turned out to be phenomenal and one of my best purchases from the popular site yet!!! I also had the pleasure of having a gentleman name "Javier" be my masseuse for the day. After it was said and done I had a 75 minute massage that left me feeling like jello, Javier had a nice tip and my life had been relaxed and changed....or so I thought.

Anyone that knows me knows I loooovvvveeee the spa!! I don't go as often as I would like but I definitely make a pilgrimage at least 5 times a year, one being on my birthday. If you have never been to a spa or have not had a professional massage I suggest you put that on your bucket list . For me, going to the spa is all about the expeirnece and atmosphere. Furthermore, and it is my opportunity to really relax, clear my mind, rejuvenate and walk around in a comfy robe while I get pampered....there is nothing like it.

So....last weekend my friend and I scored a deal that we could not pass up at MBDS. I knew the deal was for me because I had chills after reading it (no joke). The package we purchased was a 2 hour treatment for $149 per person and contained a 1) a full body exfoliation and steam, 2) a scalp massage (mmmmm) , 3) a deep tissue massage and 4) a hot stone foot massage (yes all that!!). Just thinking about it makes me feel relaxed :). After purchasing the deal, I immediately requested Javier and he did not disappoint. I believe finding a great masseuse is like finding a great beautician because you never have to worry that you will not be satisfied when you leave, its like they just know what you need and this is true of Javier. Therefore, considering the above 2 hour treatment and the services of Javier this particular visit was deemed " life changing" in my book.

First, the body exfoliating treatment was awesome!!!!! I was placed in this huge steam capsule thingy and scrubbed from head to toe , and boy did my skin feel nice and soft after. I will admit that I was a bit apprehensive at first because I thought this stranger would have to see all of my "goodies" but that was not the case, lol! After he explained the plan and process I was relieved but I had decided if he did, I was going to be a "big girl" and roll with it, lol!! The exfoliation and steam process continued for about two cycles and during the steam treatment I was given a scalp and shoulder massage, and this is an experience in itself. My friend described it best when she said " you have not lived until you have had someone else bathe/scrub you " and she was definitely correct because it was a different, but a great experience none the less.

Then there was the massage, which was great as usual but the hot stone foot massage sealed the deal. Hot stone massages are by far my favorite treatment and I highly recommend it because it is so soothing to feel the hot rocks on your body......it is just divine!

So......if you are ever in Atlanta (or live in Atlanta) take a drive to Alpharetta and ladies be sure to ask for Javier!!!

www.mindandbodydayspa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment